Friday, June 24, 2011

"Russian Roulette"

Lights off
Shadowed in the corner
I listened for the sound of the revolver
Over clouded thunder
Vibes were considered
Planted feelings got whispered
All the while, blossomed flowers withered
Animated tears suddenly fell like dominoed towers being misheard
Waiting for you to pull the trigger of bigger intentions
I allow you to navigate thru my mind
Conversion continues and later you remain in my mentions
So many options of dismissal
Goodbye forehead kisses sounding off like triggered pistols
Emptyness and prolonging
Knowingly, We're not belonging
Loving you can't interfere with my destiny
Pulling the trigger still won't let me rest in peace
I'm crazily infatuated with a fictitious enemy
I exercise feelings with freedom of speech
I stand with my back glued to the wall as my words to you get impeached
Let me bleed out from this bullet; Please
Arrested with this cardiac
Chest pounding
My heart you've attacked
From triggered moments of mourning
As your stiffened face reacts to the ring
(Pow)
I instantly fall to my knees
"I Guess I'll See You Next Lifetime"
In my head chanting instrumentally
As the saga unfolds
You plant one last forehead kiss as I'm dismissed
While my eyes sluggishly close
-T. Vanderbilt


No comments:

Post a Comment